Bill 4501: Silver and gold coins - South Carolina Legislature Online

South Carolina intends to follow the dictates of the U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 10, Cl.1: "No state shall....make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;..."

Perhaps Illinois, which is No. 4 in line for Bankruptcy after California, New York & Florida, might begin to catch on before it is too late.

Illinois had a law on the books from 1872 to 1985 that required the use of "real 'constitutional' money," and actually used a metal backed currency until 1965. During that entire 113 year period, Illinois remained solvent. See below and open the link...

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess118_2009-2010/bills/4501.htm

Section 1-1-1110. The South Carolina General Assembly finds and declares that the State is experiencing an economic crisis of severe magnitude caused in large part by the unconstitutional substitution of Federal Reserve Notes for silver and gold coin as legal tender in this State. The General Assembly also finds and declares that immediate exercise of the power of the State of South Carolina reserved under Article I, Section 10, Paragraph 1 of the United States Constitution and by the Tenth Amendment, is necessary to protect the safety, health and welfare of the people of this State, by guaranteeing to them a constitutional and economically sound monetary system.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861