Originally posted by APatientMan:
Like it or not they are exercising free speech and freedom to assemble. Do those rights only apply to those on this forum now? Whether or not you like their message they have the rights and freedoms our Constitution bravely guarantees. Would we rather they did not speak out??? Not sure where the quote came from but: If you don't want public disturbances - stop disturbing the public.
They have a right to free speech, no doubt about it. They can even parade around with grammatically incorrect signs, that are also misspelled. And they're students at what is supposed to be one of the finest Universities in the United States, if not the world.

What they don't have a right to is an education at the taxpayers expense. Nor do they have a right to damage state property, or interfere with other, sane, peaceable students in taking advantage of that nearly free education, that the taxpayers of California see fit to invest them with.

There are two 'tribes' of students at Berkeley, always (since the 1960's) have been. The professional agitator/students (like the woman who is the ringleader of this demonstration, 5 years into an undergraduate 'womans studies' degree and no end in sight; and the serious students who were in the midst of midterm exams in serious topics like mathematics, real sciences, engineering.

If they don't like the terms of the free ride they get, then boo-fucking-hoo. They can get their asses out of their 'womans studies' departments, get a real job (whatever they're qualified for, but all the Micky-D jobs are already taken by illegals) and make do with what they can do.

I had to put up with toilet stains like these demonstrators when I was in my undergraduate degree (UCLA, the sister school to Berkeley), and they didn't contribute to my educational experience one bit...BTW, I also had a full time job paying everything the California taxpayers didn't cover in books, tuition and living expenses. I managed to finish a (usually) 5 year, often 6 year, undergraduate engineering degree with a minor in mathematics in 4 years.

'Womans studies'...give me a damned break.

Emergency Medicine - saving the world from themselves, one at a time.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

I make the ADL soil themselves. And that makes me very happy smile