Originally posted by Macjet:
I sent in my form with 4 marked and nothing else. A few weeks later I was out in my garage when a census worker came by wanting the "rest" of the information. I explained to him that 4 people lived in the house and that no further information would be given. He stated that my case would be referred to a supervisor.

That was at least three months ago. No sup yet. I did see several census badged workers working at a table in the local Starbucks the other day, so yeah, they're not through harassing folks.
I had something similar happen.

I put 3 on the form, sent it in. A while later, one of them knocks on my door. Says he's from the census, blah blah blah. I told him I sent the form in. He asks if I'd lived here since April, says this address was listed as vacant, yadda yadda. I've lived here since 2001, so yeah, I've been here since April. Whatever. He asks if he can get my info, has a bunch of the forms already on his clipboard. I say OK.

He writes the address on the form. I tell him 3.

"Three people live here?" he asks, as he writes 3 in the box.

"Correct." I wait for him to finish, then tell him "You have a nice night", and go back in the house.

Haven't heard anything since.

Insert something witty here