Originally posted by APatientMan:
Seems to me that the two guys who wrote the letter have a better idea than anyone on this forum whether what they did was right or not...They were there right? Or am I misunderstanding the letter?

If I shoot someone just for the hell of it (not saying that's what happened!) it would be kinda strange for someone who wasn't there to tell me I really did it because I was threatened.

War is an ugly, nasty thing. I can't pretend that American soldiers don't do ugly, nasty things just because they are Americans...
If they had an honest belief that what they did was wrong, they had the opportunity to a) not do it (disobeying an illegal order is not illegal) or b) reporting it after the fact to the chain of command, IG, whoever.

Why wait 2-3 years, and make their 'apology' in a concerted effort at propaganda?

They're as sorry as John Fing Kerry was (and as honest) when he 'testified' in Congress in the 'winter soldier' bullshit....and this is just exactly the same script.

Emergency Medicine - saving the world from themselves, one at a time.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

I make the ADL soil themselves. And that makes me very happy smile