I really didn't want to get involved with this thread. I saw the video. My opinions have changed while reading this thread a bit. Hind sight is 20/20. I still cant tell for sure if anyone was actually armed but do know that journalists do hire armed body guards when traveling into hot spots. I still am not sure how I feel about air strikes based on infrared cams and no one the ground confirming the target having committed an aggressive act. I watched a bunch of other videos on youtube showing air strikes and one interesting thing to note is types of cover that remove the white body from the cam, and it would be an interesting topic for the training board.

I didn't vote for Obama I voted for Congressman Paul. I try to be optimistic in all situations and I hoped he would keep with his promise of getting us out of Iraq and closing gitmo.

If there were foreign troops on our soil engaging us I would be doing all I could to sabotage their effort and demoralize the advisory. We would agree any act of any sort, similar or not, against the citizens of our great land are guilty of war crimes and would be dealt with appropriately.

If there has been a war crime committed I don't believe it was by the individual soldiers but the puppet masters who wrote the rules of engagement and decided upon the invasion in the first place. That is just in this situation. If a soldier enters a residence kills everyone then saves a teen aged girl to drop a nut then kills her that is a different situation and the individual guilty of a war crime not just following orders.

Thanks,
S