The idea that Gog is Russia is most likely incorrect.

Ezekial 38:1: "The word of the Lord came to me: 'Son of man, set your face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince (Rosh) of Meshech and Tubal'...)

Magog: Josephus identified it as "the land of the Scythians - the ancient northern nomadic tribes who inhabited the territory from Central Asia across the southern Steppes of modern Russia." Ancient Scythia includes the regions of Asia Minor (Turkey) and the Central Asian States (Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan). All of these are Muslim.

Meshech and Tubal: These are both in Turkey (the Cappadocians). There were some who reasoned that Meshech sounds like Moscow, hence the Russia idea, but geographically they are both in Turkey (Turkey is Muslim).

Rosh: This word occurs almost 600 times in the Bible, and all but once (in Ezekiel 38) it is translated as head, chief, or top, prince.

The idea of Russia coming against Israel is, like the idea of a coming Papal Anti-Christ and one-world government, a politically-correct product of recent times.

The evidence? Name one nation in the Bible that God declares judgment against that isn't Muslim.

Psalm 83: Edom (Jordan/Saudi Arabia), Moab/Ammon (Jordan), Gebal (Lebanon), Tyre (also Lebanon), Philistia (Gaza), Ishmaelites and Hagarites (Arabs), Assyria (Iraq, Syria, Turkey), Amalek (Jordan).

Ezekiel 30:5: Cush and Put, Lydia and all Arabia, Libya and the people of the covenant land... (Sudan, Libya, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Turkey, Arabia...)

Ezekiel 32: Assyria and all her company... (Syria, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Saudi Arabia...

And many, many more.

I'm just trying to point out, the most likely end-times scenario is not the typical Russia coalition we expect, but seems to be an Islamic war against Israel. Remember - just as we eagerly await the return of our Lord, they await the coming Mahdi who will wage war until every Jew and Christian is dead and all have said 'There is no god but Allah, and Mohammad is his prophet!' I do not doubt that there are evil men who desire a one world government, nor do I think we should underestimate Russia, but I do believe the real war in the end times will be between the Islamic nations (who desire a one-world Islamic government) and Israel (and those who stand with her).

My $.02

"Through endurance we conquer."
- Shackleton