I have mentioned this before and it is blasted across the Internet by many sites.
The police are not the "to Serve and to Defend" boys from the police sitcoms, and love me I am a Cop shows of the 60's and 70's. Everyone needs to understand this before anything they do makes any sense. They are not inherently evil men and women they are employees of a corporation.
This means that they have responsibilities to perform in specific ways, and to enforce the Ordinances, regulations, and rules established by that corporation. They receive specific guidance every day from that corporation and as such must obey or resign.
The Counties are also a corporation and this makes all Deputy Sheriffs employees of that County Corporation. The Sheriff however is an elected Official.
The same for the States and Federal Agents.
This man was claiming his God given rights to own a way to defend himself, but was using a privilage card issued by the local State Corporation and the STATE OF FLORIDA Inc to claim that right. When he had first had his rights and PRIVILEGES infringed upon he should have gone to the Officers supervisors and ask why?
Since he didn't and repeated the error the same place the next day he proved his incompetence to carry that weapon.
If you drive down route 1 and get a ticket for excessive speed in a speed trap you don't return the next day to see if you can do better.
These cops are instructed in their training and their daily briefing that their survival is the first mission of the day. They are trained to see every confrontation as a test of their Authority and if they lose they have sullied their uniform and their fellow Officers.
When dealing with them you have two tools:
1. Your ability to speak quietly and calmly.
2. Your intelligence allows you to ask questions and not argue.
'Calmly ask questions"
"Why if I am licensed by this state to carry this weapon concealed must I surrender it if I am waiting for a Bus?"
Not I got a license so go stick it.