Originally posted by safetalker:
Beck fans.
I don't have anything against Beck personally. but you and I have to remember that he works [b]"not for Beck'
. He is an employee, body and maybe soul of the Fox network. That network is owned by :
--------------------------------------------------
http://issuesoncall.blogspot.com/2007/12/rupert-murdoch-bilderbergs-council-on.html

A little about Rupert Murdoch
"Murdoch bought the New York Post in 1976, making that paper famous for its salacious coverage of grisly crime. Murdoch decided to move into television, but US law mandated that only Americans could own US television stations; thus he was naturalized in 1985, and in 1986 purchased John Kluge's Metromedia, using it to start America's fourth television network, Fox Broadcasting. In 1996 he started the Fox News Channel, delivering a staunchly conservative perspective on the news, as overseen by former Republican campaign wizard Roger Ailes. Murdoch's British papers solidly backed Margaret Thatcher, John Major, and Tony Blair, and his American mouthpieces have vocally backed Republicans since Ronald Reagan. During the 2002 and 2003 build-up to the invasion of Iraq, all of Murdoch's 175 newspapers editorialized for war."
So when Beck says something I try to not give him anymore weight than George Bush (either of them) [/b]
1) Do you even follow Glenn Beck...do you form your own opinions...or are you just regurgitating something you read somewhere?

2) I don't follow his TV show because I don't have cable, but I catch his radio show as often as I can. If you were to listen to the radio show with any consistency at all, you'd realize how much he's NOT a Republican shill, as he regularly takes Republicans to task.

3) The man is employed in part by Rupert Murdoch, but he could easily lose his Fox gig and still live quite comfortably off his radio program, books, and stage shows:
Interestingly, Forbes repor...t lucrative of all his ventures.

If not for Glenn Beck, I would still be under the impression that Republicans were the good guys.

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace”
-Thomas Paine