It's pretty much acknowledged that Evan Daniel Emory is a jerk . Evidently learning his sense of humor from Sasha Baron Cohen , he got permission from Beachnau Elementary School officials in Ravenna, Michigan, to record himself singing "Lunch Lady Land" to a bunch of six-year-olds, saying he wanted to use the video as part of his application to a school of education.

Actually, he was planning a comedy bit. He dubbed in sexually profane lyrics, and made it appear that he sang them to the children, and posted it to YouTube. (I failed to see much comedy in it. But then, I didn't think Borat was real funny, either.)

School officials and parents didn't see the humor, either. I think there's grounds for a civil lawsuit here. After all, he lied to school officials, and he had children appear in a YouTube video--although the kids never saw or heard the suggestive lyrics. (The video has since been taken down.) But I don't see anything criminal in it, except possibly the fraud used to get permission from school administrators. And this could be remedied in the civil suit.

Enter Muskegon County Prosecutor Tony Tague.

"The bottom line in this case is that he walked into a classroom and took advantage and victimized every single child in that classroom," Tague said.

"This case is very disturbing to law enforcement officials. We have launched a full-fledged investigation with the sheriff."

Tague said Michigan law 'provides penalty' for those who actually manufacture child sexual abusive material "but also has a provision for those who make it appear that the children were actually abused."
Emory has been arrested and charged with a felony that could get him 20 years in prison.

A little excessive, don't you think? But if it was Sasha Baron Cohen, I probably wouldn't mind.

Onward and upward,
airforce