God I'm going to sound like a copjocker but on the surface your argument makes sense.

With that out of the way, you have to figure who the individual is, where it happened, what kind of police department responded, here's another report: http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2011/12/28/news/doc4ef9eeb6ae471830321507.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Homeless man whose suitcase raised concerns of a bomb threat fails to post bond (video)
Published: Wednesday, December 28, 2011

0diggsdigg ShareThis79By Rachel Jackson
RJackson@News-Herald.com
@nh_rachel

A Mason man had his first court appearance Monday in connection with Saturday’s bomb scare in Mentor.

Kevin Striley, 43, is charged in Mentor Municipal Court with inducing panic, obstructing official business and littering.

Striley is accused of leaving behind a suitcase containing personal items near the entrance of the Mentor Barnes & Noble on Saturday morning.

Judge John Trebets set bond at $102,000 cash and $1,000 personal, which was not posted.

Striley did not have an attorney at the time of his hearing.

According to a Mentor Police report, at 8:06 a.m. Saturday, someone approached a patrolling officer to report a suspicious package that was left unattended near the store.

The Lake County Bomb Unit used a robot to remove the suitcase to a safe location, Mentor Police said at the time. The robot then fired two shots into the package, at which point officials were able to determine its contents, police said.

Officials then located a man, later identified as Striley, near the west side of Great Lakes Mall on Saturday morning.

The previous night, mall security had reported the man as suspicious and noted he was carrying a blue suitcase similar to the one found outside the bookstore Saturday. Continued...

12See Full Story
Officials said Striley, who is homeless, left his suitcase there because he was tired of carrying it.

The store and a nearby restaurant were evacuated for about three hours during the incident.

--------------------------------------------

Maybe he did want to but what I've seen so far doesn't fly with that. I don't know Striley, I don't know what Striley's motives were beyond being homeless in that town, but perhaps the most logical conclusion is whoever worked at that bookstore overreacted and certainly the cops did, but overreaction seems to be standard operating procedure these days.

At any rate, I'd never give 'public servants' the benefit of the doubt.

Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide