A few posts above, I brought up the case of Ken Anderson , who both falsified and withheld evidence, sending an innocent man to prison for 25 years for a murder he didn't commit. He could have gotten ten years in prison for tampering with evidence and sending Michael Morton to prison for a huge chunk of his life.

So what did he get?

Ten days in jail, a $500 fine, and 500 hours of community service. I'm not kidding. Ten days, versus ten years. I can only hope his fellow inmates treat him well during those ten days.

...Morton was released in 2011 after DNA evidence showed he didn't beat his wife to death. He watched from the front row of the gallery Friday as the man who helped convict him now sat at the defense table, just as he once did. Morton smiled and was hugged by family members after the judge adjourned.

"In a case like this, sometimes it's hard to say what meets the ends of justice and what doesn't. There is no way that anything we can do here today can resolve the tragedy that occurred in these matters," Judge Kelly G. Moore said Friday. "I'd like to say to Mr. Morton, the world is a better place because of you."

Anderson has previously apologized to Morton for what he called failures in the system but has said he believes there was no misconduct.

Anderson accepted the plea deal in the same Williamson County courthouse where he later spent 11 years as a state judge. He resigned in September....
Mr. Anderson also agreed to be disbarred as a part of the plea deal. I guess us taxpayers will now be paying for his damn food stamps. mad

Onward and upward,
airforce