It's been a while since I bothered to post in this topic, but today I found not one, but two things that managed to take my breath away.

The United States Attorney's Office in Kansas has been caught with hundreds of audio and video recording of defense attorney\'s and their clients .

And in Brooklyn, a prosecutor has been charged with forging the signatures of judges to set up unlawful wiretaps .

A supervising prosecutor from the Brooklyn district attorney's office forged judges' signatures in order to obtain illegal wiretaps and then used those wiretaps to illegally monitor cell phone calls and text messages, federal prosecutors alleged in an indictment Monday.

Tara Lenich, 41, who was an assistant district attorney with the Kings County District Attorney's Office, allegedly created those fake judicial orders for more than a year -- from June 2015 to November 2016 -- in order to get the wiretaps.

She then, prosecutors allege, used equipment from the DA's office to "intercept, monitor and record the communications to and from the two cellular telephones."

Lenich will be arraigned Monday. Her attorney was not immediately available for comment.
What's wrong with our criminal justice system? A lot.

Onward and upward,
airforce