Originally posted by SBL:
Originally posted by BuckeyeNCO:
[b] While this is good news, the problem is that if a Montana State Militia ever does come to fruition, it will most likely be in the form of a neutered "State Defense Force."
Absolutely correct. This is exactly the situation in Virginia. The politicians will immediately chop the balls off them for a couple reasons:

1. Reduce liability. No firearms training (or even handling) means less chance of any accidents.

2. Appease the libtards. If the neutered Militia is not trained to fight, the politicians can better assure the libtards raising a fuss that they have nothing to worry about.

Here in VA, the Virginia State Defense Force is prevented from doing anything at all that might be even remotely dangerous.
Firearms training? Keep dreaming.
PT? Yeah right.
Rappelling? No sir.
Martial arts? Negative.

Their biggest event is to park cars at the State Fair every year. [/b]
Believe me, SBL, I know lol. I've spent the last six years in Ohio's SDF. Weapons training ceased 3 years ago in my old unit. Combatives around the same time. We haven't PT'd in about at least a year. No more rappelling or tactical training either. We had our own friggin MOUT town where we had our FTX's and did force on force training with the local PD.

I remember being called up, carrying a sidearm with live ammo, and performing security during a flood event four years ago...Will state troops in OH ever do that again? Hell no. It'll either be the NG when they can be bothered with it, or no one at all.

Some "defense force." I still remember how to fight though...