Originally posted by J. Croft:
Figure if they come for you, a fight and possible death is better than surrender and spending the rest of your life in unrelenting torment.
Some of the members of this board do not like Movies or Television, but some things can be learned from those things.

Take the movie Speed, in that movie the Good Guys, the Swat Cops raided the the Bad Guy an Ex Bomb Squad Cop's house and when the Swat Cops entered the house there was no one home. The Bad Guy, the ex bomb squad cop had rigged his house to self destruct which it did while it was filled with the Good Guy Swat Cops. That was not a very good day to be a Swat Cop.

There was also a WW2 Movie where the evil Japanese were hitting an old Ships Captain on his own ship. This Captain after being slapped in the face by an evil Jap Officer, tapped his Smoking Pipe against a water pipe which was a signal to his First Mate who was below in the hold right next to a large amount of Dynamite. The First Mate then set off the Dynamite blowing the ship up and all those evil Japs to hell.

Then there was Star Trek the Search for Spock where the evil Klingons boarded the Enterprise and the crew was missing and the only sound was the Ships Computer saying Five, Four, Three, Two, one. Goodbye to all those evil Klingons.

A personal Self Destruct or Dooms Day device is not very hard to construct. Although I do not know how to make the stuff that goes Kaboom, Chemistry is not my thing, the electronics part, the Dead Mans Switch is very easy to make. I will not explain how to make the switch since I am a very nice and peaceful man and that would not be a very nice thing for me to do, plus I am a very very Law Abiding person.

Oh, a Dead Mans Switch is a switch where pressing a button arms it and releasing it sets off the Kaboom, so if someone shoots you it will cause the Kaboom to happen.

A Dead Mans Switch is more fun to use since you can look at the fear in the face of the enemy since they know they will die and can't do a darn thing to prevent it.

By the way a Grenade with the Pin Pulled makes a passable substitute but in a smaller way.

Back in the Old Days of the Cold War there was a saying, Better Dead then Red and the way things are currently in what is left of our once great Republic, that is a very good saying to keep in mind when the Evil Enemy comes to call.

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)