Originally posted by drjarhead:
One more thing:

Don't expect us to be taken places that are soft targets. Not going to happen.
That's the real question at this point, because every place I am seeing that is presented as a FEMA camp is a relatively soft target, not a maximum security facility.

Nobody I know of in recent history has pulled off an open raid on a maximum security facility except I have heard of some mass escapes in Mexico where some staff were bribed/coerced into cooperating, and those who were not in on the deal had gunfights with paramilitary cartel enforcers who were going in on a paid contract to extract some cartel shotcallers. The sheer size of the operation of a mass prison takedown will for the most part prevent it from being in the venue of an unconventional paramilitary force. The raid on the Hanoi Hilton in the later stages of the Vietnam war was one such conventional force action. Sure SF personnel were used, but it's no secret what is going down when helicopter gunships show up to shred the guard barracks and heavily armed dudes with regular uniforms and black facepaint are rappelling into the courthyard from other helicopters, complete with fighter jet air cover and AC130s sweeping nearby roads when enemy reinforcements start to mobilize.

Likewise though, the raid on the Hanoi Hilton was carried out with information gained from debriefing men who had been prisoners there. From what I am told, the enemy had intel or figured something like that might be coming, so the remaining prisoners had been evacuated, but the US forces sure as shit shredded the hell out of anyone who was likely have been involved with torturing downed airmen.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.