Originally posted by ThePatriot:
The Answer - You say Iran would be more of a headache to the US militarily but then give examples of those headaches such as assasinations, etc. Thats not a military problem.

As far as "conventional hazards" you mention - (revolutionary guard, closing of straits of hormuz) As I stated, this will not be a ground war.(or should not, given the lessons learned in Iraq)

As far as secret treaties with China and Russia, I stated that is the one thing I am concerned with - the powers outside Iran(Russian, China)..

Comparing Iraq to Iran:
Militarily, Iran currently has roughly 200 fixed wing combat aircraft. During the gulf war, Iraq had about 600.

US Military strength comparison(2009):

It should make you feel a wee bit more relaxed....

(courtesy dailypaul.com)

Military Defense Spending and Budgets
USA - $515,400,000,000
China - $59,000,000,000
Russia - $43,200,000,000

Aerial-Based Weapons
USA - 18,169
China - 1,900
Russia - 3,888

Navy Ships
USA - 1559
China - 760
Russia - 526

Aircraft Carriers
USA - 12
China - 1
Russia - 1

Destroyers
USA - 50
China - 21
Russia - 15

Now what alternate universe am I from?
From the universe that needs additional training on military arts.

The allies had a similar advantage over the axis powers throughout WWII. So why did it take 6 years to fight that war? Terrain, tactics, and leadership play key roles in determining the outcome.

An M1A2 tank costs the US almost $6 mil each. The Russian T-90 costs about $300K and is almost as good as an M60A3, which cost the US over $1 mil per copy. As Benjamin Disraeli said, there are 3 kinds of lies, there are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson

www.dallascitytroop.org