End of Nation State. Good reading Flick.

It may be that one kind of political organization has been forgotten, or mayhaps been demonized by changing its definition and equating it with chaos.

Might have been tribalism... Anarchism, I don't know, but I do know that the word itself is of Greek origin and meant 'absence of leader' and is generally defined as a political philisophy which holds the state to be immoral.

It is also defined as a stateless society based on non-hierarchical voluntary associations.

I got the technical words from wikipedia and also found this quote by Gandhi that was interesting...
The ideally non-violent state will be an ordered anarchy. That state is best governed which is governed the least.

On the lighter side I have also heard a quote attributed to Gandhi but I don't know if it is true...
The reason we chose non-violence is because we didn't have guns.
But who knows if he really said that.

Anyway, back to it.

Flick, have you ever read... A Peoples History of the United States by Howard Zinn. A good read.

I think that our current system of representative democracy is what has to be. changed. Because really, we don't have pure democracy and never have under the current Constitution. Oh sure some states have referendum and recall votes be we do not have a national direct vote.

I believe that direct democracy would be the right path. And to get that we will have to push for an amendment to the Constitution, we can do it that way over generations or the other way which is not good for anyone, but I don't think we have that much more time untill the corporate fascist state is immune to that avenue of change.

What would be the single greatest thing that the great majority of Americans will Identify with?

Holden Karre