Originally posted by ConSigCor:
If you read what the founders of this country said about voting it would shock and enrage most modern Americans.

In general terms...they considered voting not a right but rather a privilege and responsibility of State citizenship. Many of the States required either property ownership or the ability to read before you were allowed to vote. You were also required to enroll and take an active part in your local militia before you could vote. Their reasoning was that the uneducated weren't able to make an informed decision. And, that only people who owned property and paid taxes were responsible enough to make decisions on how the government spent their tax money. Naturally, if you pay taxes you will not vote to waste that money on bloated gov. programs like we have today. Anyone who received government assistance was exempted from the voting process.
.gov employees should unequivocally be exempted from voting, and IMO, New Hampshire has the best working model for a low-pay high-turnover state legislature.

Voting to spend my money should never be taken lightly.

I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!