Originally posted by safetalker:
We all have to remember some very important points. Just as each of us is a patriot none of us can speak for the flesh and blood men and women who are members of the patriots.
Likewise when we say "the Army says" we only say that the people who are hired to speak for the Army say this or that. They speak for the organization not necessarily all of the flesh and blood men and women of the Army, and most likely not even a majority of them. I have heard quotes of writers that have spoken to leaders who say that if Martial law was declared many of the soldiers would take their weapons and equipment and go home. One figure was about 65%.
I am often called upon by my conscience to speak out when someone says "lets go to Washington and clean out the Government". I always ask that irritating question of "Whom do you want to clean out".
The Government is a stack of papers and 10 square miles of stone and concrete buildings! Those buildings are filled with flesh and blood men and women who are performing a job, with limited information, and limited powers to divert from any standard, position, or duty without having their families go without healthcare, food, and a place to live. Just like us in our jobs.
When TSHTF on a ratio of us will be them. There are as many patriotic Constitution loving men and women working in the ranks of every government facility as there are in our ranks. The question is will they fear us, or the Government elite more, when it happens.
This is the job we need to take up last year. We need to make sure those patriots of the heart know we understand, and accept them, before they are forced to do things that will prevent them coming to our aid.
It would seem that when the SHTF that the two groups would separate themselves from one another making enemy identification a simple task.

Notwithstanding a few spies of ours, of course.

In any event, this is what happened in our first civil war and what can be expected again.

But Govt isn't papers and buildings at all. Those are merely devices. Devices now used in an gradual attempt to enslave us, albeit with soft shackles at this point.

Govt is the people in it.
Like all such things, these people can do good or they can do evil. The lines are not nearly so blurred as some would like to believe or attempt to convince themselves.

The War for America
Fight Everywhere
III