Originally posted by Pericles:
Interesting story. FWIW, last week Army Times ran a feature in the Off Duty section on the popularity of prepping among active duty soldiers.
They are probably aware of how someone in some command/intel structures is labeling "preppers" and are trying to make the point that it is not exactly an unheard of culture within military circles.

I know reaction in units I was in was relatively mixed, but for the most part, nonwhites had a problem with a white guy being a survivalist. The ones I could get along with reasonably about it were the Black Muslims, I remember one SGT in particular who was pretty cool, but the NAACP type affirmative action golden boy officer was all over trying to get me in trouble when he could. That prick had a whole following of NCOs who would spy on me and report anything they could.

What we ended up with when I was on active duty was this ad-hoc coalition of survivalist shooter types, some skinheads a Klan guy, black Muslims, black Panthers, and some Puerto Rican guy who I think was running dope whenever he was off duty. We were effectively the Libertarians of the unit, and if nobody was making major trouble for anyone, we kept a lid on problems by threatening, blackmailing and occasionally bribing the lower level command structure into not screwing with our guns.

The problem was usually some fuckers playing the race thing too hard, especially between the Blacks and Hispanics, then we had this one XO at another unit who pretty much hated all the nonwhites, and even the Klan guys could not talk sense to him over making some deals to live and let live as long as we were not getting reports of shit like some white chick getting gang raped or something like that.

One of the issues that was coming up though was outright criminals coming in and taking advantage of the protective umbrella that had been provided by our various "arrangements". Our "don't fuck with the guns" deal got pretty thin when some dickhead gangsters got into the unit and had a gang initiation killing in the barracks, like back in LA style then went AWOL. Of course they were caught and convicted and nobody felt sorry or loyalty to them. The gang leader had been pointed out to me a while prior, since the Panthers knew he would eventually be a problem, they were wanting the rest of us to shut up and stay out of the way if/when it went down but if any of us had a problem with the "posse", it was a question of getting the green light from the Panthers first and giving them a chance to clear out before shit went down. As it was, one of the "posse" had a personal problem with some tough guy I think out of Milwaukee who was not associated with anyone (new guy in the unit), so the straight murdered the guy and fucked everything up.

So for some dickheads in some command structure somewhere to decide they are going to single out some particular group or class of people within the military or open society as a "threat" and then run some wargaming scenarios on the "threat", it is not entirely outside the pale for me to believe or understand. If their concept of it is anything like that dipshit who came up with the scenario based on the TEA party taking over some town in Georgia or whatever, then well, that's just a waste of resources.

I have been through the courses on how to recognize terrorism, including state sponsored internal terrorism. You give me mass arrests, secret trials and executions, secret police torture interrogations, defamation and lynch mob tactics, dam straight the payback is a bitch program is in play.

The fact that the military did not immediately start arresting big chunks of the New Orleans Police and other Lousiana Law enforcement types tells me of the moral cowardice in the face of terrorism that we can expect when martial law happens. I personally know of a 10th SFG NCO who punked down like a little bitch when he was on deployment at Katrina and saw the cops doing their thing to innocent citizens.

What's the best we get out of these fuckers when it comes to defending freedom on this stuff? They will call in to the Alex Jones show long after the fact and tell us what happened. Yeah thanks.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.