The White House has denied editing terrorism out of the Benghazi talking points. Uh-oh. Somebody ain't telling the truth.

On Saturday, the White House said the only changes the administration made to the CIA’s talking points on the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi were minor ones. The response comes after some lawmakers’ reports that, in his testimony, David Petraeus said the talking points included reference to terrorism/al Qaeda, which was later edited out.

“The only edit that was made by the White House and also by the State Department was to change the word ‘consulate’ to the word ‘diplomatic facility,’ since the facility in Benghazi was not formally a consulate,” Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication Ben Rhodes said. “Other than that we were guided by the points that were provided by the intelligence community. So I can’t speak to any other edits that may have been made.”

Rep. Peter King has been one of the lawmakers present at the closed-door hearings, who’s said the testimony mentioned edited talking points. Asked who may have made those changes, King said, “It could be anywhere in the Defense Department, the State Department, the Justice Department, the White House.” It’s important to find out who and why, he said.

“I have my own beliefs, that for whatever reasons, the administration honestly believes that the war against al Qaeda is pretty much over and that’s the message that they wanted to present,” he added....
Onward and upward,
airforce