Brothers & Sisters,

The first attempt met with little success. December 26, 2012 I recieved a call from FEDEX in refference to a "package" they had to deliver to my business. I am a FFL holder and have been licensed at that location for the past 35 years.

They did not know where to deliver the package and since there were instructions on the shipping lable to contact the receiver prior to delivery they called me and were given instruction and directions to the location. I was then contacted by FEDEX Dec. 28, 2012 informing me they were refusing to deliver the package and I would have to come to the terminal to pick it up. Said terminal is 55 miles away from my business which makes a 110 miles round trip.
I called FEDEX customer service wanting answers and got none. On the way I called the Jackson TWP police dept. My intention was to have the police to insure that said package was turned over to me or someone goes to jail.
The dispatcher told me oh this has already been called in, this is in refference to a .50 caliber machine gun.
Yep, FEDEX terminal assistant manager for the North Canton, OH facility one Mike Davis had called law enforcement about the package. The package actually contained a M82 CQC .50 caliber rifle.
The officer from Jackson TWP is an officer by the name of Crane. A 17 year vetern of the department. He called me on my cell phone and informed me that if I did not provide him with a copy of my FFL and be polite and respectfull he would direct FEDEX to send the rifle back to Barrett MFG.
When I got there I was met by the officer who demanded my license and my FFL. Then started arguing that my home address on my DL did not match the shipping lable. As I pointed out the FFL address matched the shipping label. I explained to him I do not live in my business.
The package was brought out and the officer refused to return the FFL or the license. I turned and walked away and walked back to my truck. He then started yelling for me to come back. I ignored him and he followed me to the truck and then gives me my "papers" back.

Now the excuses started from the officer and the FEDEX employees. We are just erring on the side of caution, it's not like you were getting a box of tee shirts. Things have changes since the CT school incident. And you got your gun.

My response to the FEDEX employees.....When I get done with you at Corporate HQ for refusing to deliver the package and for calling the police and revealing to local law enforcement the contents of the package and having denied me the freight for 3 days. I will insure that you will be fired. The officer wanted to shake hands, then he refused let go of it till I told 4 times to release my hand. I looked at him and said you have no authority in any manner to have demanded my FFL, You cannot show me anywhere in the Ohio revised code where you do. Nor to challenge me about the contents of a licensed MFG package sent to a licensed dealer.

I will be firming up the meeting with the chief of police which I have spoken to. The tape recording device was "broken" and not working that day in this officers car so no recorded voice if the details.
How ever, by the officers on words and FEDEX verifying he instructed them to ship the rifle back if I did not produce my FFL is enough, I am pushing for a meeting with the P.A.'s office and the chief to bring the following charges.

FEDEX..Theft, they were paid to deliver a package and choose to defraud me of the service I paid for. Since it an organization it should get enhanced one level from a M1 to a 5th Felony.

Police officer Crane....I want him charged with "Interferring with interstate commerce" now that has some teeth. Stand up and do not be a sheeple. I will never back down. Talk is cheap, when the metal meets the meat, where will you stand? Lick thier boots and beg for what belongs to you?

The chief talked to me Saturday and stated 99.9% of the people do not know the gun laws like I do and that they have learned someting from this. I told him so did I. In my opinion his officer needs fired and face charges.

If you roll over, you deserve all you get!!!!
Show some balls guys, gals show some tits, DO NOT be herded like sheep!!!!!