Breacher,

I've told everyone I know essentially the same thing since 1980. If your money isn't in your physical possession you don't control it, they do. Same goes for paper "investments". Sure it sounds good and may make you a profit in fiat dollars, however...again...you have no control. The shyster thieves in the financial sector can steal all your assets with the click of a mouse. Poof, what retirement.

I've been self employed since Carter, do all my business on a cash only basis, never had a credit card and invest everything in real, hard assets. The kind you can eat, trade or actually use. Anything else is a mere illusion of faux wealth.

I don't feel sorry for those who thought they would get rich and live the good life. They laughed when they were warned about whats coming. Now they're about to receive a severe reality check.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861