In the course of the work I do here in the Portland area over the last year or so, I have been working on house and RV projects a few times for people who work in various aspects of the CPS / Foster care system and heard some of the horror stories, met a couple of the people.

There is really bad shit being done to kids out there, and in some of these cases, the government is running a straight up rescue service. Do I think the system is abused? Yes, but you have to look at all of them on a case by case basis. What I don't fully even want to understand is how so much federal government resource is going to be focused on a situation where there are non-abusive parents when there are so many situations of obvious child rape and abuse which are going unpunished while the child is left in the home. I mean, when the father gets the 12 year old girl pregnant and she has been at the abortion clinic twice, it's time to not wait. When a 16 year old boy runs away and is sent back to the same home where his mother sends him out to buy tampons for his butt after a "visit" from "uncle", and "mother" suddenly has money for dope and alcohol after "uncle" visits the boy, it should not be hard for the authorities to figure out, yet those kinds of cases can and do remain mired in bureaucracy.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.