Originally posted by Leonidas:
Sorry Air Force. Not a good enough reason the the actions I am seeing on video. This is where we part company on this issue....

I believe you to be a good man and patriot, but please reconsider your position.
You know, I once heard the late evangelist Oral Roberts say, "I've never made a mistake in my life."

I sort of nodded my head and said, "Okay..."

Then he added, "Oh, I've done a lot of things that turned out to be mistakes later, but they weren't mistakes when I did them, and if I'd known they would be mistakes later, I wouldn't have done them."

And that's where I think we are on this. Yeah, in hindsight, it probably wasn't necessary to shut down Boston. But I didn't know that, and I don't think the police knew that, either. They had to act on the information they had and, if you're going to make a mistake, make a mistake on the side of saving lives.

So, yes, if it was a mistake to shut Boston down, well, I would have made the same mistake.

But you're right, Leonidas. If there's one thing I've learned in all my years, it is to reevaluate my position on things. (Heck, back in the 60's, I was a Democrat!) And if more information comes to light about this alleged bomber that would change my position, well, I'll change it.

Onward and upward,
airforce