Originally posted by Leonidas:
Huskerpatriot, I used to work on a ranch/farm in Sidney Mt. I worked 7 days a week in the conditions you briefly spoke of. I have farmed on and off most of my life. I don't think its people being lazy. It s more like they don't make any money for the hours worked. The juice just isn't worth the squeeze kind of thing.

It may be for the owners, just not for the ranch hands. The other thing that most do not know is, you never get a day off to do anything. Cant make plans with the wife and kids. Most farm or ranch operations pay a monthly salary. Not hourly. Then when you get old and cannot deliver like you once could, then your gone with nothing. Thats why help in hard to find in agriculture. The work is satisfying,but the pay is not.
That's been my observation. They really rig it as a win/ lose situation a lot of the time. What Strat speaks of, in that area, the people with the established wealth will work overtime to screw over and exploit others in order to get then maintain the upper hand.

It is a pretty blatant attitude people will have to lie, threaten and demand to end up with the situation where others are in desperation then dictate terms and wages ( like salary with long hours being functionally below minimum wage) . Trucking is all fucked up right now but has been for a while. That said, people are crawling out of the bad old ways by utilizing sites and services like UShip.com

I have made several videos discussing the subject. Locally I pay $15hr cash up to $20 plus lunch and don't have any problem at all getting good people, but that is pirate remodel work. The pricks who go crying about not being able to find people are going through temp agencies that Bill $25 HR but pay the workers $10, then wonder why the workers have an attitude.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.