Originally posted by ConSigCor:
...Jim Gilchrist is attempting to revive the movement with the current border crisis. They’re hoping to recruit 3500 members in the next year with what they’re dubbing, Operation Normandy....

“You do not put a hand on anyone, you do not talk to anyone, you do not confront anyone,” Gilchrist told the network. “You report to Border Patrol.”
Meanwhile the border groups in Texas are being instructed on their rules of engagement.

“(Rules of Engagement) is if in fear of bodily injury, weapons free, if fired upon, return fire. Real simple,” member KC Massey posted along with a photo on Facebook. “We are not worried about an “International” incident if they shoot at us.”
They appear to be taking a purely self defensive stance, which is what put them on the moral high ground at the Bundy Ranch. It’s a recipe for success....
I respectfully disagree. I think it's a recipe for a set-up. If they succeed, no one will ever know it - certainly, the Border Patrol will never give them any credit. And if they're drawn into a fight, even if it's clearly self-defense, guess who's going to get the blame.

I keep saying this, but the militia men on the border can't win. They could possible score a draw, but only with a massive, well-planned public relations campaign which we haven't seen any evidence of yet. But they can sure lose.

This just isn't the kind of operation that we can afford to waste our time and resources on. If you're going to pick a fight, pick one that you can win.

Onward and upward,
airforce