The way I see it, the militia just won another battle. I don't know how many of those protesters would call themselves "militia," and many of them hold political views that are a little different from our own, but they are members of the militia as defined by the Constitution. And like the folks at the Bundy Ranch, they had the guts to stand up to the power of the government, and won. So, I consider this one more victory.

Even more important, the issue of police militarization has now been picked up by the mainstream press. Radley Balko was on CNN last night talking about that, and Sen. Rand Paul and Rep. Justin Amash have weighed in on it as well.

Just this morning I was down at city hall, waiting for an elevator with a city council staffer, and we got to talking. (Most of the people at city hall know me by now.) She asked me why the libertarians and the Patriots hadn't been talking about police militarization before now.

If I had any hair on my head, I would have torn it out. When have we not been talking about it? But it is gratifying to see everybody else talking about it now.

Onward and upward,
airforce