Not sure about Walmart, but Target stores are somehow connected with DOD, I think using the same supply chain as the PX/AAfes system and set up for distribution of supplies from national stockpiles in SHTF scenarios. Walmart was getting a bunch of stores certified for that, but target was building new ones with the certification in mind from the ground up. It has a lot to do with the layout of the store, the way the loading docks and parking lots get designed, generators on site, and like that guy says in the video, the way the software works in their supply system. If military supply and support people go in and take over, it is not wildly different from the systems they already use, and former military officers work in management at most of those stores anyway. They are also supposed to cultivate careers for National Guard and reservists to help with the personnel integration.

It is not a fully functional system though, and somewhat voluntary on the corporation's part. For example, stores built after I think 2007 are equipped with generators in order to facilitate continued operations in a disaster, but they are usually NOT equipped with sufficient fuel reserves or even fuel tanks to run for more than a few hours at reduced capacity, basically keeping the dairy products and frozen stuff cold long enough to distribute it to the local population on a voucher system. Under those circumstances, it is most likely going to school and jail kitchens. Jail kitchens tend to be a little oversize, and are capable of expanding to become chow halls for police working overtime, but municipalities may make local decisions to consolidate the kitchens at the schools as they are more accessible, have better parking lots and more reserve space for shelter services.

Next plan, someone has to haul fuel trucks to the stores which were set up as part of the reserve program, which includes a lot of the Walmart stores from what I understand, but not all of them. Being in the back rooms of a lot of the stores doing the work that I do, I can tell you that Walmart is better on supplies, Target runs smaller stockrooms, but the Target stores have the better generator systems.

The guy is right about Home Depot, not sure if it is appropriate to discuss here, but that's our turf. Lowes too. That cat is somewhat out of the bag with the recent Denzel Washington iteration of the "Equalizer" franchise, where McCall is relocated to Brooklyn (I think) to an anonymous retirement as a home improvement store employee. The issue with Home Depot and Lowes is there are certain minimums of certain construction materials they are supposed to have on hand no matter what the sales are. Other lumber and construction supply places would not get on with that program of stocking certain minimums so they got written off as approved DOD sources for stuff. Heck, they openly show the GSA supply chain protocols on the cash registers at Home Depot.

What I don't agree with on that guy in the video is that the employees are all just shown the door when the government shows up. Not true, part of the hiring process even for contractors and their employees is that they are cleared for that level of employment with DOD anyway. There were some walmart managers who checked the plates on my truck and read me as a "felon" with local law enforcement and were all ticked off that I was making a higher hourly wage than them for the work I did but they could not say shit about it since I was already cleared by people above their pay grade, but if I go in and apply for a regular job there, that won't work.

Home Depot and Lowes also have discreet hiring policies for exemptions for felons as long as they are veterans who meet certain DOD clearances for reduced sensitivity positions on a case by case basis. They like us to be some place where they can keep an eye on us...

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.