Folks,
I have a question and observation to add.

1st. There are not several levels of citizen and rights. What does that mean?
Law enforcements view seems to be:
1. If you do not follow my orders I will kill you.
2. If you run, I believe your are trying to get to better tactical position and I will kill you.
3. If you move as instructed or not instructed I will kill you, I was in fear for my life, I thought he had a weapon even though he did not.
4, I could not afford to wait to see what he had in his hand, it was a cell phone or a wallet and I was in fear for my life.
5. I could not afford to wait to see if the weapon was real or an airsoft toy, I was in fear for my life so I killed him, even though we have open carry in the state and possessing a firearm in the open is lawful.

Folks, here is my question. Since the above is all it takes for law enforcement to kill you even when you have not committed a crime or are not armed. What happens if the civilians start using the same rules for engagement?
He had a gun in his hand, I was afraid for my life!
That would become anarchy. So either there needs to be accountability for their actions, or sooner or later it will become extremely dangerous.

BTW about 2 months ago in PA. Domestic call, the guys is armed, they tell him to drop the gun, he turns his back to the officers and starts to walk away. One deputy opens fire firing 6 shots hits him in the shoulder. The civilian turns and returns fire with one round from his .270 deer rifle striking the officer in the side. The officer dies in the hospital. A few hours later they find the guy walking on the road with a gunshot in his shoulder. They have charged him with murder.

Is it murder when the cop opens fire first?

http://www.wtae.com/news/officer-sh...-dispute-in-westmoreland-county/36701688