When I could afford it I used to would go to the barter faires up in Okanogan county every year for my vacation. Some folks thought it was weird that I would go camping for fun after working all year in an RV campground. I haven't been to a BF since 2008 or 09 near as I can remember. In spring of 2010 I got hit by arthritis and can't do much of anything now.

For many years there was a Barter Faire 10 miles up the road from Northport WA. The folks who put it on ran 3 faires a year, spring summer and fall. I don't know for sure what county Northport is in. I recall a big stink at a faire around IDK 2004 maybe. The local persecuting attorney got real uppity and effectively shutdown the barter faire up there. Those BFs brought in tourist dollars buying gas ice groceries as the BFs were WELL ATTENDED. One faire I went to was estimated to have 10,000 folks camped up there. I was there and had a dandy time. They even had water onsite. Tonasket AIN'T GOT WATER. Ya gotta bring your own or buy it by the gallon.

I support farming and ranchers. For the last 40+years I've lived in a farming fishing and logging area. I'm getting pissed off. Time for me to mosey.

Grass fed Beef..it's what's fer supper July 4th.