Originally posted by Texas Resistance:
Breacher, you usually write some of the best stuff on this forum. I can't believe you are sticking up for people who live off of welfare instead of working. I don't like my tax money going to welfare recipients that are able bodied but will never work another day in their lives and get out their Medicaid card and call an ambulance for a free ride to the emergency room for free medical care every time they get sick. The system will collapse soon.

"If a man will not work, he shall not eat". 2 Thessalonians 3:10
It varies by situation, and the fact of the matter is, when the system restricts someone from being able to survive on their own, then that person is owed.

Food stamps, welfare, those are social check valves to people without highly developed ethics like my own just saying screw all of the rules and then they go out begging and stealing. Reality though is, for those who go straight to begging and stealing while not having signed up for the food stamps, there is not much of any excuse for that shit. People in at least my generation around here don't dig that shit in the least. The 20 somethings want to beg and mooch then act too proud to sign up for the food stamps, that's a no-go.

Reality right now, if you are not outright going fugitive, there is not much of any excuse for going out and begging and stealing, but there are a lot of reasons why good men can't get work, and then down from there, single parents, unattractive women, people with disabilities.

Its not like anyone is free to just go out and live off the land even if they have the skills, and in many jurisdictions going out to live off the cash economy in an ethical manner is a challenge. Some places, it is perfectly acceptable for a grown man to go door to door with a lawnmower and hedge trimmer looking for work, other places, they can and will find a reason to throw that guy in jail and trash his lawnmower and hedge trimmer.

I look at these sons of bitches out of Washington State who ripped off myself and Strat, all their bullshit and pride over what they did, and reality is, they should have just gone on welfare instead of bothering the rest of us with their e-begging, exploitation, lies and scams to call themselves "making it".

I have circles of people from church and some social networks I hustle to do projects for, but I build stuff for them, I fix and fabricate. I got rich guys who kind of know I am not the cheapest or best at what I do, but it's good and fair and the results turn out good enough for all to see, it is what it is. That's why I put the stuff in video. Now hard core serious union level builders will turn their noses up at it, but I get enough happy customers on furniture, decks, garden structures and occasional fences that I am not starving. Having any nest egg for retirement, that's a bit worrisome.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.