The Kurdish Facebook feeds are documenting a lot of scraps between the Turkish backed groups and the Kurds.

I see pictures of the fighters and I can't tell one side from the other. They are apparently now resorting to brightly colored flags and arm bands to try and tell the forces apart because there are some NATO people taking potshots at Kurdish forces which have both US Special Operations personnel and some international volunteers with them. Brits and Australians on the Kurdish side, most German citizens on the Kurdish side with the German government on the Turk side.

Fights are breaking out over air raid targets. Kurds claiming that combat controllers embedded with Turk sponsored forces are calling in fire on Kurdish positions.

I made the recommendation that forces need to be openly flagged and remain in close proximity to distinctively marked vehicles. It worked fairly well in the first gulf war to do that, but they don't seem to give a shit what I say.

Another thing seems to show is that all sides tend to be fighting a 9-5 war. They just don't run major battles at night. The only people to really come out and play in the dark are US special forces and specially trained units they combine with, probably equipped with relatively up to date NV gear also. No local forces seem to specialize in nighttime fighting operations.

Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.