I've been watching 2 live feeds out of Houston.

They report that the curfew is from 12 midnight to 5am.

Police report 12 looters arrested and said that a group of looters fired upon some of the Cajun Navy guys. Police chief issued a strong statement that looting will not be tolerated.

Residents interviewed by local media aren't reporting any problems yet...but fear looting may start after the water level drops.

Video feeds of G R Brown convention center make it appear to be clean and well organized. Nothing like Katrina. Congresswoman Jackson Lee is there now touring the place.

From what I've watched so far the rescue/relief efforts have been well coordinated and carried out by multiple agencies and a ton of civilian volunteers...especially considering the magnitude of the situation.

But, no matter what anyone does, this disaster is bad and will continue to be a terrible situation for all involved for a very long time.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861