Astarita's flippant remark recounted at trial.

An FBI supervisor approached members of the agency's Hostage Rescue Team after refuge occupation spokesman Robert "LaVoy" Finicum lay dead in the snow at a highway roadblock in 2016.

Agent Ian McConnell asked the sharpshooters if they were OK and if anybody had fired their guns.

All nodded their heads that they were fine, except one, McConnell said.

Team member W. Joseph Astarita said something like, "Hey bro, I'm good" or "You don't got to ask me that,'' McConnell testified Tuesday in the second week of Astarita's federal trial in Portland.

Another Hostage Rescue Team agent, Christopher Scott, said he was present during McConnell's exchange with Astarita and recounted it a bit differently. Scott said he heard McConnell ask Astarita if any of "our guys had shot.''

"He said, 'No bro, you can't ask me that right now,''' Scott recalled.

McConnell asked Astarita once again, saying he just had to know if any of their agents had shot, Scott said.

"You know you can't ask me that right now,'' Astarita responded, according to Scott.

That's when Scott interjected. "Yes he can ask that question,'' he said he told Astarita. "There's admin things that have to happen'' to document shootings.

Astarita then said, according to Scott, "No, we're good.'' ...

Read the whole thing at the link.

Onward and upward,
airforce