Are GOP congresscritters beginning to cave? This is from the Associated Press, so take it for what it's worth. But personally, I wouldn't be a bit surprised. Republicans have a long, sorry history of cracking under pressure. (If you don't believe me, just look at ObamaCare.)

Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, urged colleagues to approve spending bills that would reopen various agencies, “so that whether it’s the Department of the Interior or it is the IRS, those folks can get back to work. I’d like to see that.”

Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, called the standoff “completely unnecessary and contrived. People expect their government to work. ... This obviously is not working.”

Trump was to get a personal sense of the concern —and perhaps questions about his strategy — from those in his own party at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday.

Like other Republicans, Sen. Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia said she wants border security. But she said there was “no way” the shutdown fight would drag on for years as Trump warned last week.

“I think certainly I have expressed more than a few times the frustrations with a government shutdown and how useless it is,” Capito said Tuesday. “That pressure is going to build.” (...)

[Linked Image]

Onward and upward,
airforce

Last edited by airforce; 01/09/2019 06:10 PM.