Is Trump suckering the Democrats into a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? It turns out that government workers furloughed for 30 days or more can be laid off.

I don't personally think that was Trump's plan, and I don't think it is now either. But it would be a great move, even better than Reagan firing all the air traffic controllers who went on an illegal strike nearly forty years ago.

Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only five more days of the already "longest government shutdown in history" (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more.

Don't believe me that federal bureaucrats can be laid off? Well, in bureaucratese, a layoff is called a RIF – a Reduction in Force – and of course, it comes with a slew of civil service protections. But, if the guidelines are followed, bureaucrats can be laid off – as in no more job....

Read the whole thing at the link. Long, but well worth it.

Onward and upward,
airforce