Maybe Trump does have something up his sleeve, but I don't know what it would be. If he declares and emergency, it will be tied up in courts for the rest of his term. And frankly, it would be best if he DOES lose in the courts.

If he declares and "emergency" and wins, it would set an awful precedent. if all a president has to do is declare an "emergency," there would be literally nothing a president can't do. Want to close down all nuclear power plants? A future president could declare a potential nuclear disaster an "emergency" and order them all shut down. Or suppose a future president declares a "climate change emergency" and shuts down all coal fired plants. Or suppose a future president declares a "healthcare emergency" and unilaterally orders medicare for everyone. There would be nothing to stop him.

Frankly, I don't give a crap about the wall. But I do give a crap about limiting the powers of the president and congress. If Trump does have something up his sleeve, I really hope it isn't a declaration of emergency, because he just might win. And if he does, we all lose.

Onward and upward,
airforce