It becomes a crime when they try it a second time. And in practice, if they are caught, they're never prosecuted unless it's in conjunction with another crime. And even then it's rare, I've never seen anyone prosecuted for illegal entry here in Tulsa. They're just simply sent back, to try it again.

Personally, i don't have any strong feelings about the wall one way or the other - except that, at about $22,000 per foot, it's going to be the most expensive wall in history. What I do care about is that, if the courts allow this, it will set an awful precedent for the next president. the Constitution was supposed to place real limitations on what Congress and the President can do. If this is approved, there would literally be no limitations on the President diverting funds from something Congress approved, to something they didn't. You say gun ownership is not negotiable? tell that to citizens in California, or New jersey, or New York, or Chicago. And Trump's previous positions on the Second Amendment shows that he is, shall we say, flexible on gun rights.

But it doesn't have to be guns. Imagine the damage a future president can do, simply by declaring a "climate change emergency" or a "healthcare emergency." This really, really is not a road we want to go down.

Maybe cooler heads will prevail and we won't have to worry about it. But I'm not holding my breath.

Onward and upward,
airforce