There are a lot of shortages flying under the radar.

Went to the local hardware store to buy a ground rod, hinges and fuel stabil. They were sold out and didn't know when their distributor would be sending anything. Said they were having trouble getting deliveries from the warehouse. went to another store...same thing.

Stopped at the feed store and there were plenty of seeds but they've had a hefty price increase. Said their distributor told them more price increases were on the way and that some items would be difficult to find or not available in the near future.

As a general rule I only go to town about twice a month. And I always stock up while there. If I need a couple of cans of beans, I grab a couple of cases. That way when I need a can I don't have to panic and run to town. Grandma always said; "You never know when hard times will come again, so it pays to be ready". She drilled that into my head and I never forgot it.

"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861