We just pressure canned 35# of hamburger. Surprisingly simply, and amazingly tasty. Only had one lid not seal, sows tested it. Makes meal prep supper easy.

Chicken is up for this week. Our local store had a special deal, and now that it is about to expire was on a clearance sale! 18# of breast meat. Going to put it in pint jars. Anyone we talk to about this just thinks we are nuts to put in this much work or to keep as much as we do on hand of everything. I’ve been told by co-workers that I’m a “hoarder” and that I’m contributing to price spikes and shortages. Same with toilet paper and household supplies. I see it as being the exact opposite. When THEY panic, and there is a shortage/price spike… then I exit the market and no longer buy. I also help provide to some close family taking them out of the market. When the panic dies down, prices drop, and producers (in an attempt to meet the market) ramped up production… there is then a glut on the market. I can then replenish my supplies on the cheap and help producers and retailers by giving them my business/helping get rid of over stocks

If more people did this there would of be panics.

"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at it�s worst, an intolerable one."
 Thomas Paine (from "Common Sense" 1776)