Originally Posted by airforce
China's doing a little thumb-nosing at us. They saw how we left Afghanistan, and they're trying to convince Taiwan that Biden will do the same thing to them. And China's probably not wrong.

I disagree. Beijing may be utilizing the situation for propaganda purposes, but PRC does intend to capture and annex ROC once practical. If USA were to begin massing thousands of soldiers in ROC, the likelihood that PRC would strike is high. Mind you, Beijing is responding to a recent statement made by a senior US Senator and member of the Intelligence Committee. It would be unwise to simply dismiss such a statement, especially without explanation. I expect that at this moment MSS, JSIB and SSF are reviewing intelligence for indications that such a buildup is occurring. Chinese IC is also likely attempting to determine why Cornyn made that statement. I do note that PRC was quick to argue USA’s abandonment of its puppet in Kabul and therefore Taipei can expect the same, though it’s likely that’s now quickly transitioned to Chinese IC scrambling in response to an indication that thousands of American soldiers may be staged in Taiwan as we speak. Therefore, we appear to observe a PSYOP. Perhaps Beijing will arrive at a similar assessment. Perhaps not.

“We sternly demand an immediate explanation from the US government on Cornyn's tweet, as well as an immediate explanation from the Taiwan authorities. If there truly are 30,000 US troops in Taiwan, or even fewer than that, it would be an extremely serious situation that crosses China's red-line. Those US troops must withdraw from the island immediately and unconditionally, and both the US government and the Taiwan authorities should publicly apologize for this. Otherwise, we believe that an all-out war across the Taiwan Straits will break out quickly, and the Chinese People's Liberation Army will wipe out the US forces, liberate the island of Taiwan, and settle the Taiwan question once and for all.”
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202108/1231691.shtml

Liberty and Prosperity, by Right or Might