I saw the video, thanks. Here's my take on it - which, like everyone else's opinion, take with a grain of salt:

Did this really happen? Very possibly. Atrocities happen in every war. The Japanese and Germans were infamous for it, but they were far from the only ones. Almost a hundred thousand Germans surrendered after Stalingrad, only a few thousand were ever returned - and that was years after the war ended. And Roosevelt put thousands of American citizens into concentration camps because they looked Japanese.

Could the Russians themselves have faked the video? Yes, they could.

What are the odds that a Ukrainian officer would allow a war crime like this to be recorded on video? Pretty small, I would say. Of course, everyone has a video camera on their phone these days, so it's also possible someone saw this happening, taped it without anyone else noticing, and sent it to a Russian news agency with close ties to the Russian intelligence services. Possible, but not too likely.

If I were a gambling man, my bet would be that it's a propaganda film. But I've lost bets before.

Personally, I take any news coming out of this or any other war with a whole lot of skepticism.

Onward and upward,
airforce