After the raid, a Convention of States now seems more likely. For Democrats, this raid has backfired spectacularly.

According to a new poll from Convention of States Action (COSA) and the Trafalgar Group, Americans are ready to put the out-of-control federal government back in its place. President Biden’s dismal approval rating should provide a not-so-subtle hint that Democrats need to back off the far-left agenda that started with a pile of executive orders on January 21, 2021.

Instead, there are reports that Biden is preparing to declare a national emergency on climate change. If he proceeds, the regulatory state will invade every aspect of your life, from what fuel sources power the grid to the length and water temperature of your morning shower. The relentless intrusion of the federal government may be one reason that almost 67% of likely 2022 voters support an Article V Convention to propose constitutional amendments that address four specific issues:

Term limits for Congress
Term limits for unelected federal officials
Federal spending restraints
Constraining the federal government to its constitutionally mandated authority

Among Republicans, opposing a Convention of States is now a fringe minority position. Only 6.7% of GOP voters indicated they do not support one. Mark Meckler, President of Convention of States Action, says that 81.3% of Republicans supporting a Convention of States is not surprising. Leading Conservatives, such as Mark Levin and Glenn Beck, have endorsed the idea for some time. Additionally, opponents of a COS include George Soros, Planned Parenthood, LaRaza, MoveOn.org, and Hillary Clinton. “There’s never been a single day in my life on a single issue, never, ever, ever, where I woke up and found myself on the side of those baby-killing, America-hating, Communist, Marxist organizations,” Meckler asserted.

Support for the measure to address those four issues is bipartisan. A majority (63.3%) of unaffiliated voters support a COS, and so do 50.3% of self-identified Democrats. Meckler sees these results in the context of what he calls the Great Decoupling. In Meckler’s opinion, the most pressing issue driving Americans’ desire to reign in the federal government is divergent values. “The split on this issue is between what I would call normal or regular people versus our ruling elites,” Meckler said....

Onward and upward,
airforce