Things like this have a way of backfiring against the feds.

Over twenty years ago I was raising money for the the family of FalSarge, who had run afoul of the ATF (it's a long story). Ron would occasionally write to me from jail, and I would post the letters here and at a little Libertarian Yahoo Group website, Tulsa Area Libertarians, read mainly by me and half a dozen little old Libertarian ladies. One letter he sent me described what he would do when he was out of prison, starting his own website and becoming "bigger, badder, and better than ever." Naturally, the prosecutors took that little remark out of context, anrguing for a longer sentence, and saying they got it from me, where I posted it TO THE LIBERTARIAN WEBSITE.

They should have just said I posted in at AWRM. Everyone knows the feds watch this website, and it wouldn't be any news to anyone. But when it became known the feds were following me around the internet and spying on their little Yahoo website, those little old ladies were pissed as shit. It didn't get Ron any more prison time, and it succeeded in creating a few more enemies for the government. I'm pretty sure that wasn't what the feds wanted.

Earlier today I created a test topic, to see what I had to do to delete it. Anything I did raised a little box, asking, "Are you sure?" I can say with confidence neither I nor anyone else here deleted it.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Last edited by airforce; 03/25/2024 06:15 PM.