This is GREAT! I'm "cut'n & paste'n'!

I'd just like to slightly revise your "12X12 Hunting Camp" description: It's FAR better to have such a Hut established on a "firewood" & "Natural" heating & cooling basis. A Wood Stove would heat a 12X12, EASILY.

The BASIC necessities are "RICKS" or "cordes"
[4'long X 4'high X 21/1'wide piles] (for a yr., no less than 12 "ricks"/"cordes", or a 48' long X 4' high, by 21/2' wide stack. Have it ABOVE the ground, (2") and COMPLETELY covered, preferably in a shed. In a shed, tho, the pile would be HIGHER, & SHORTER...preferably 8' to 12' high, by 5' to 10' deep[wide](which would be two to four logs deep). [make sure you have 'rat traps', & screen off the ventilation BELOW the pile, against snakes]. Weather proof the shed, & leave one side open, for BOTH esay access, as well as "weathering/curing" your wood. cut & "cure" for a yr. prior to use, if possible.] Also, "HARD wood" [Oak, Ceder] for LONG night burns, "soft Wood"[Pine] for cooking, and short intense burns, & combine for cooking, also. LEARN YOUR WOOD TYPES!

I KNOW because I lived in a Single wide for five Tenn. Appleacian Mountain Winters with one wood stove heating our 28'X 12'home. It took a little asjusting, but, it was EASILY "doable".

Again, a slight revision: The Wood Stove we had, also doubled as our cook stove. Worked GREAT, after we adapted & ajusted to it's varient heat factors. Just takes practice...(which should be done when you can keep the windows open to remove the smoke your MISTAKES create(ha!).

Your point on the import of a "DRILLED WELL", is EMMENSE(as OBVIOUSLY you know), and CANNOT BE OVER EMPHASIZED! Our property was bordered by a small & vibrant creek(river in rainy season). It provided AMPLE supply of water, year round. BUT!! What F_A_R too few realize is:
#1]WATER is a heavy substance for "porting"
#2]N_O,(EMPHASIS ON N_O_T ANY)pottable(drinkable) water exists in the USCON, without PURIFICATION!(due to animal feces, dead bocies, & sewage "creep", as well as "water table" pollution by "INDUSTRIAL SEEPAGE". BE AWARE & DO YOUR HOME WORK, before simply "drinking". "drilled" or "fre flow", it A_L_L needs purification filtering.

Another factor are those "RESTRICTIONS" you warn about.

The ideal location is in an "UNRESTRICTED" area. AND, you're DEAD ON the head about checking on the "drain field" expenses, BEFORE buying property. It's a "HIDDEN" cost. And, a SERIOUS one.

As I mentioned, heating with a wood stove is NOT that difficult. I'm handicapped, & a smallish build. NO PROB. The "chain saw" is A MAJOR value item, but, honestly, gas/oil W_I_L_L_ run out, so you'd BETTER have a SERIOUS knowlege of Axes, saws, & sharpening methods, aw well as chopping & "felling" methods. S_T_U_D_Y NOW! (Don Paul's PATH FINDER PUBLICATIONS is a GOOD start: His "Knife Bible" is chalk full of SF info! tried & proven...I K_N_O_W because it got me thru 5 DIFFICULT Winters!)

There's F_A_R MORE info needed, but this is a GENUINELY FULL BRIEF! GOOD STUFF! THANKS!

"KNOW THY ENEMY"..."He who fails to learn from History, is doomed to repeat it's errors"..."For we wrestle not against flesh & blood..."..."Quitters NEVER win, & winners NEVER quit!"