I hear you, Mike. SAC bases were, of course, a prime target during the Cold War, but I'm not sure how relevant they are today. I don't know what Russia's first-strike capability is today, but I doubt it is anywhere near what it was twenty yers ago. China could be targeting them but, in all honesty, I think the Chinese are more interested in trading with us than blowing us up.

Today, I would be wary of large cities, tourist resorts, financial centers, and nuclear power facilities, all for the potential of terrorist strikes. I live in Tulsa, a fairly large city, but I don't think it's very high on anyone's list of priorities.

Our family has discussed this to some length. You can never get to a "0" threat level and, frankly, I spent so much time at potential Ground Zero's during my military career that I have become somewhat philosophical about my fate. I don't look down at those who choose to "head for the hills," but that just isn't for me.

Whatever your choice is, the key is to be prepared enough to be self-reliant. I'm sure you already know this, but I repeat it every chance I get. Take a lesson from Katrina, and stay out of refugee centers.

A self-reliant armed man is a citizen. A disarmed man in a refugee center is a subject, a slave, totally at the mercy of his masters. I think I know which one you want to be. wink

Onward and upward,
airforce