Originally posted by Clan DireWolf:
I use to buy surplus all the time. That was before the govt turned it over to a private company. That just ruined it for me. Bidding became a major pain.

One thing to be careful about. Try to check whatever your buying as close to the bid date as possible. Some dealers will move stuff from one box to another. Especially any clothes or helmets that are size large or above. Or is really choice.
The places I've been to pick up the goods have all been pretty well supervised. Haven't experienced any switcheroos. There was a recent incident I heard of where a certain surplus buyer corrupted the govliquidation.com employee, but the employee was caught, fired and the surplus operation is soon to be shut down at that base and the function transferred to others nearby. (The scrapyard will remain in operation, but no finished goods will be sold at that post.)

"Tell me," I was once asked, "What do you think about gun control? Give me the short answer." To which I replied "If you try to take our firearms we will kill you."