Bug Home with a Rifle or a Pistol, Which Would You Choose?

I have seen a lot of discussion about what to put in a bug out bag; but what I want to do is bug home as fast as I can before someone breaks in to steal my survival supplies. Also I want to get home as quick as possible to link up with our militia group.

So what would you want to bug home with supposing you were 120 miles or so from home because of work or visiting someone?

Whether I was bugging home with a rifle or a pistol I would carry a survival kit in a back pack.

Here is how I see it:

Bug home with a Rifle
Taking a full combat load (at least 7 loaded 30 round magazines) wearing cammo, mil spec boots, alice pack (medium without a frame), and using an AR/M4 or AK so you can carry more ammo and magazines than if you carried a .308.

Advantages:
Your have far more range, stopping power and firepower with a rifle.
It is harder to be seen in the woods wearing cammo.

Disadvantages:
If seen you could be identified as a combatant or someone you don’t see might shoot you just to steal your rifle and combat gear.
You can’t walk as fast with a rifle and full combat load.

Bug Home with a Pistol
Wearing street clothes, a shoulder holster, several spare loaded magazines, and a small yuppie looking backpack.

Advantages:
You can move much faster and thus walk home much faster to escape or evade faster.
You would not be shot on sight for carrying a rifle.

Disadvantages:
You might be arrested for carrying a concealed pistol or unlawfully carrying a pistol depending on which state you live in assuming you don’t have a pistol carry permit.
You may get home just to find it already looted or burnt to the ground so all your survival supplies and longer range rifle would be lost.

Which would you choose to bug home with a rifle or a pistol and why?

www.TexasMilitia.Info Seek out and join a lawful Militia or form one in your area. If you wish to remain Free you will have to fight for it...because the traitors will give us no choice in the matter--William Cooper