OK, I don't just have chickens, I have a rabbit hutch and pigs and a milk cow and raise calves for slaughter, Of course horses, hope I never have to eat them. plus garden and orchard. Gentlemen, you can't just rely on one form of food to get by. Birds could catch something and all be destroyed, same with any animal. Always have back up systems. I raise these different animals and gardens for variety, and because if you live on just one kind of food . You will get sick. Rabbits for instance are very lean and will not supply you with the fat you need to survive over the long run. You must have a source of the fat that it lacks. They call that rabbit starvation. So if you are intending on eating rabbit, eat the bone marrow for extra nutrition.

But I would suggest that you make a well rounded farm with many different forms of food. If you live in the city check local laws and see if you can raise farm animals such as chickens. It might be worth your while to sell your city place for a country one.

I believe in absolute Freedom, as little interference from any government as possible...And I'll fight any man trying to take that away from me.

Jimmy Greywolf